Sunday, January 25, 2015

A bunch of art stuff

  I've got a little catch up to do ha ha I got some stuff I keep forgetting to post about so here it is I'll start of with lino cuts..
I made this fish stamp awhile back and keep forgetting to post him

Here is the actual stamp, the fish is cut from a speedball speedy stamp block and the hi is cut from an eraser.
I just cut out this hawk from an actual linolium block yesterday..
a hawk lino cut

Here is the print the quote is from Shakespeare and says "when the wind is southerly I can tell a hawk from a handsaw"
The hawk is actually my first real lino cut from a linoleum block rather than the pink eraser like material, it was interesting definitely not as easy to cut and a bit crumbly you had to be a lot more careful not to cut to much away. I'm pretty happy with the result I think not perfect but an okay first try! I think round two will be along shortly ha ha!
   Next I'll share what I got and made from January's Pigment and Palette box...
Here is what I got a white krink paint pen, silver acrylic paint from kroma, a trekell paint brush and "the masters" brush cleaner, which is great by the way I have a large one on my kitchen window sill that I use to clean my brushes.
Here is what I made with the added help of a black acrylic paint pen from a previous art snacks box. The silver paint was really amazing I've never used a metallic paint that was actually totally opaque before it really amazed me.

Let's see what's next right some ATC's for swapbot...
First of this is for a "deep sea creature swap" it's a fanfin angler fish

Here is actually the first one I did but I liked it on the balck so that's the one I sent it is done with conte crayons pastels and charcoal
Next is a Map ATC swap for 2 ATC's
This one is conte crayons and I used a bit of gesso I tinted so I could write a quote on the map otherwise it won't show up.

This one was a lot of fun I used a inka dinka doo stamp of birds in flight which I colored with a pen and I used a stamp for the letters and went over them with clear embossing powder. I also stamped over the map with a handwriting stamp and brown ink.
And last of all I started useing a smash book as kind of an experimental mixed media sketch book of sorts and here is what's going on with that...



you may recognize the homemade fish stamp from above

my favorite made with a bamboo pen, brown ink and pencil crayon


So that's that, thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment