Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Mt.Washington and Smile, Create Repeat art.

This will be my last post before Christmas so Merry Christmas if you celebrate Christmas and if you don't I hope you are enjoying the holoday season however you choose to celebrate (or not to celebrate). Anyway I wanted to share what I made with this months smile, create, repeate box.
This smile, create, repeat box was a fountain pen and a red brush pen.

a close up
My inspiration for this silly snowman was a day trip to Mt.washington where we fed the whiskey jacks. For anyone that doesn't know whiskey jacks are an alpine bird that for some reason has no fear of humans and will land on your hand to eat. Here are some pictures..
Here is my inspiration for the picture
Hello Jack!

They would cram so many peanuts in there mouths it was unbelievable. They would fly off and stash them somewhere I think and then come back for more.

a beak full of peanuts

Aaron getting swarmed

There were also squirrels which where a little hard to feed as the whiskey jacks could be a but aggressive toward anyone trying to get in on the food but we managed to get him a few nuts.

Anyway thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura, Now that I see your model- I love your snowman even more!
    ~Kim from http://www.smilecreaterepeat.com/

    ReplyDelete