Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Camel Drawing and A Plant Watering System

I decided to take a little break from Christmas stuff and make something with the supplies I got in my most recent art snacks box...
Art Snacks supplies and the picture I made with them

and a close up
I started out not really having any idea what to draw so I flipped through a national geographic travel magazine and found this image that I liked...

 I mentioned in my last post that I made self watering thingys for a couple of my house plants here is the first one...
Self watering device made with a terracotta pot and a saucer which you glue together then seal with silicone.

then you bury it in your planter and pour the water in the hole in the bottom (top now) of the terracotta pot and the water slowly seeps through the terracotta to water your plant.

I got the idea for this a long time ago when I seen a video about ollas which I thought was really cool. There are some tutorials at the end of the video. The second one I made was a lot simpler and the method I think I would use in the future and it is...
seal the hole in the bottom of the pot with silicone and bury it in the soil then..
cover it with a small plate to prevent evaporation I like this better for 2 reasons first it's easier and second you can see when it needs to be refilled more easily. So far these seem to be working great.

  Well that's all for now thanks as always for stopping by and have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. ✵✵✵ ⒹⒺⒸ ②⑤ ✵✵✵ ⒿⒶⓃ ① ✵✵✵

    ℳℇℝℝY ҀҤŘĮŠŦḾѦʃ ʃǎɳɗ ĦÅℙℙY ΝĒW ⒴ĖåŖ

    ✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵

    ReplyDelete