Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Some artsy stuff

So I was watching some videos on youtube the other day and I came across this video called the crayola challenge and thought it seemed fun. So I bought myself some crayola pencil crayons and her is what I cam up with...
I wanted to draw bigfoot for some reason so here's bigfoot
This didn't turn out exactly how I would have liked but I'm still pretty happy with it. Pencil crayon (well color in general) is something I'm not very good at but I guess theres only one way to get better and that's practice ha ha! Anyway these weren't terrible to work with but they certainly don't blend as well as my Derwent Pencil crayons so you have to really layer your colors it was a really fun challenge! Oh I forgot to leave white for the eye reflections and decided to add in white with whiteout...
I always enjoy watching the process of a drawing coming together so if your like me I took some pictures of the process...
It's just about impossible to see but here is my graphite outline





I also decided to use some stadtler pencil crayons I found at walmart which where actually cheaper than crayola but came in a smaller package and here is what I drew with those...
Here is a list of what I used and what it all cost
I didn't end up using the sharpies but I may try to do so in the future.
    I recently also subscribe to an art supply subscription box which I heard about on this video it's called pigment and palette (they do ship internationally now) and I got my first box a few days ago and here is the box and what I made with the supplies...
the supplies and cute mini print

and my paining using the paint samples they sent and the ArtGraf stick
I really liked all these supplies with the exeption of the waterbrush which unfortunatly leaked ):. Oh I haven't tried the aquabord I want to wait to use it until I improve my watercolr skills.
I also made these 2 paintings on some cheap watercolor paper I had around so the paint didn't work as well on it but it was fun to use some of the other colors.

   So that's what I've been doing so far I also finished my wreck this journal so I'll probably take some pictures tomorrow morning when I have some natural light and share that. It was so much fun.
   Anyway thanks for stopping by see you next time!

2 comments:

  1. I do not draw so this is fascinating to me. Thank you for showing it stages.
    It might make me brave enough to attempt to draw in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to show the stages sometimes because it's easy to get discouraged when things don't look good right away but it takes a lot of tweaking and layers to make things look right and practice that helps to ha ha.

    ReplyDelete