Monday, April 28, 2014

The ALberni Inlet Trail

So I got a chance to go on a hike with a local club on Saterday on the lovely Alberni In let Trail. It was said to be moderate on the trip scedule and I have to say if that was a moderate trail I think a stenuous trail woulld kill me ha ha. It was 14km up and down all the way and I am sore all over. It was lovely though and I think it was worth the pain.

Chocolate Lilly

Lot's of amazing waterfalls.


an adorable garter snake

He was very chilly so it was easy to get close for photos

Amanita apparently usually a fall mushroom my wonderful guides where very surprised to see it in the spring.

Manzanita
Coastal Strawberry

There where a lot of little streams to cross

The Alberni Inlet

Coastal Reindeer Lichen. This was beautiful it formed big carpets in the more open areas and looked so magical.

Couldn't you just see a unicorn walk out of this forest ha ha.
So even though I don't think I've ever been this sore in my life this was definitely worth it, although I think I shall pick a shorter trail next time. So if you happen to live in Port Alberni and love the outdoors I would highly recommend checking out the Alberni Outdoors club. The guides where excellent and very knowledgeable I learned a lot and met some wonderful people. Even though I was the slowest one there everyone was very patient and encouraging and I don't think I would have made it without them ha ha. I guess I wasn't to big of a pain in the butt as they have encouraged me to join the outdoor club and recommended some shorter hikes that I might like to do to start. I'm very exited to do more hikes with them in the future!
   Well anyway thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment