Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fixing Up Some Outside Chairs, My Aunts Fairy Garden, Puddle Duck Racing and a Cute bug.

Hello,
   Well I finally got to cross a project off my to do list the other day. I picked up 2 outside chairs and a table last summer at a garage sale for $20.00 knowing that the cushions would need replacing really soon. They where very faded from the sun and it didn't take long before the fabric started to tear and my boyfriend set some greasy boat junk on the cushion and they got quite stained men eh. So anyway I finally got to them and here is how it all turned out...
here is one of them before

close up of the tearing
and...
here is the after I bought some foam at Walmart for $12.00 and also used some foam I had leftover from this chair here. The fabric was a $2.00 garage sale score.

The price was right on the fabric but it was a bit plain so I made up these feather stencils from this photo I found with google image search. I decided to do kind of an ombre thing and I really like how it turned out.
So there are my chairs now onto my Aunts Fairy Garden. You may have seen my posts about my fairy garden here here and here well I guess my aunt liked the idea and was inspired to make her own and here is how it turned out...
Isn't it just lovely she did a wonderful job

a pine cone roof

I'll have to ask how she did this roof

I wish I had some painting ability ha ha.

and she found these cute butterflies at a garage sale .She actually shared some with me which reminds me I've got to find a place for them in my own fairy garden.
So that is her fairy garden so far I'm sure she will putter away and add more things to it in the future, I'm looking forward to seeing what she comes up with. It really is addictive.
   You may have seen my post last year about the puddle duck boats here. Well if your Canadian you'll know it was just Canada day long weekend and there where lots of activities including a puddle duck race on Saterday so my mom and I wandered down to the water to watch and I got some pictures of the "ducks" as well as some others...
the puddle ducks it was not a high speed race

it was a lovely day but it's hard to sail when there's no wind ha ha.
This huge boat was at the docks your guess is as good as mine as to how to pronounce the name.

I loved this art work on one of the trash cans

The train was at the station waiting to take tourists out to McClain's Mill a local tourist attraction.

There is saint john's wort growing everywhere right now it's a rather pretty flower.
and finnaly a most interesting green bug landed beside me on the deck today and I managed to snap a picture before he flew off again.
I loved his bright green colour.
 Well that's about it for now, Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Been away for a while, glad to be back. You have been very busy! Awesome stuff, love it all.

    ReplyDelete