Saturday, May 11, 2013

Lace Stepping Stones, Chandelier Crystals and More Flowers.

The other day I decided the stepping stones in our back yard that go from our deck to our garage where way to boring so I decided to paint them...
here they are I didn't take a before but they where just plain grey pavers.
I spray painted through lace
 Now these aren't quite as nice as I'd like them to be. I tested painting through the lace on a piece of cardboard before I sprayed the stones and the cardboard took the paint a lot better than the cement so I thought I'd only need one coat on my cement, so I pulled my lace off right away after I spray painted without checking first and my paint was a bit mottled and once you pull your lace of entirely it's impossible to put it back again. I'm okay with the mottled look but I think it would have looked better if it was more solid. But anyway here is what I did
I found it easiest to first surround my stone with cardboard and weight it down
then I layered my lace down on top of the cardboard and rocks and then pulled the rocks out one at a time and weighted my lace down over the stone, then I painted using Krylon Indoor/Outdoor in Regal blue
in between stepping stones I laid my lace over a Rubbermaid bin to dry it was quite a hot day and I found by the time I got my cardboard laid down my lace was dry enough to use. I did every second step so I wasn't laying cardboard over wet paint and by the time I  got to the end the paint on the first stone was dry enough that I could go back and do the skipped stones.
Okay I hope that all made sense I feel like this project really gave my stepping stones kind of a bohemian garden feel.
   For my next project I picked up a small bag of Chandelier Crystals at the second hand store for 50 cents they're actual glass, I was so exited when I found them they usually cost an arm and a leg so I snatched them up quick and decided to hang them outside in my little tree like I seen here via pinterest...

i hung one in a plant on the deck as well



They look so pretty when the sun shines through them and makes little rainbow patterns.
I also helped mum with her fairy garden


and i went for a walk on Thursday I took some photos...
Honeysuckle

Thimbleberry Flower

Cow Parsnip

Arctic Starflower

False Lilly of the Valley


Pacific Dogwood

Yellow Flowering Locust Tree

Hooker's Fairybell

I love to visit this guy he's such a cutey

Mountain Ash Flowers

Well That's all for now, Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment