Saturday, April 6, 2013

All Moved

Well we have moved into our new house now but we still have a long way to go to get everything unpacked and where it should be I guess these things take time, on the bright side I have a good excuse for my house being a total mess. Anyway I thought I'd share a few pictures with anyone who is interested.
I see this guy in our yard a lot I think he was sleeping on the mat on the deck before we moved in as it was covered in black cat hair.

I have a laundry line I am in LOVE with it, I've used it every day since we've been here with the exception of the last 2 because it has been raining

My boyfriend built me this raised bed which is now filled with dirt and I am very exited to start gardening.

I put together this moss basket with pansies.
I made these curtains for our bedroom before we moved in and I love how they turned out.
First wild violet I've seen this year

salmon berry flower
and my first trillium of the year

another resident cat

and a deer I seen well out for a walk with my mom

I thought this sunset was so pretty
I made up a couple necklaces before we moved and here they are...
this one is made from safety pins and beads and I got the idea here

and this one I made from the beads I mentioned here, which I picked up at the annual rock and gem show
Now if anyone is interested in how I made my octopus curtains here is what I did...
okay so I started with this image which I found here by searching octopus coloring page then printed it and drew out a grid of 1'' squares
I then cut out a large sheet of paper and drew a grid of 5 inch squares and drew out the octopus square by square.
then I taped the enlarged image down and placed my fabric over top and taped it down as well. I then painted my image onto my fabric with fabric paint, a fabric pen would work fine to though, in the end I did 3 coats of paint
Once I had the octopus on my fabric I made up my curtains with blue fabric for the backing.
   So anyway that's what I've been up to since my last post, Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment