Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Cat Stole my Sock Basket, and I Made a Wreath

I was up at Canadian Tire the other day and they had a great deal on sea grass baskets, so I picked one up with the intention of storing my slippers and cozy socks on top of my dresser but no sooner had I got it on my dresser that my cat decided it was a fantastic place to nap.
 clearly this was put here just for me
yep this will do quite nicely
So I decided since he didn't seem to have any intentions of relinquishing his new bed I may as well make it comfy for him so..
I made up a cushion with a felted sweater which I stuffed with more squares of sweater

and popped it into the basket but then decided it needed a blanket so

I tucked a blanket I wasn't using in there as well and...
so far so good
yep I think it's been approved
 Also I decided I needed a simple mindless project to do so I made a wreath. My mom had a wreath form lying around that she wasen't using and I had a big ball of blue yarn and some birdies so...
Here is what I ended up making I bought the moss from the dollar store everything else was on hand

I made the mushrooms from 1/2'' wood "buttons" that are used to fill in screw holes in furniture,I don't think this was my idea I'm pretty sure I seen mushrooms like this on another blog somewhere. I really wanted to have frogs in the moss but I couldn't find any so I went with this cute bird.

hopefully the birds look like they're flying that's what I was going for

these guys where leftover from another project
Besides that I think the Boyfriend and I have bought a house we're just waiting to make sure they accept a couple conditions (we already agreed on a price) but I don't think it will be a problem and we're getting it inspected tomorrow. We'll be moving in at the end of March I'm so exited. It will be nice to have an actual sewing and craft room instead of having my projects constantly strewn about the living room and dining room and a garage for the boys stuff for the same reason.
  Well thanks for stopping by and I hope your having a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. The wreath is super cute! Wow, congrats on your new house, that is awesome! I wish you much love and happiness there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes on the house. I guess we'll be moving in before we know it. I'm mostly really exited but am defiantly having some oh my lord what have we gotten ourselves into moments, but from talking to our friends who have bought houses it sounds like that's pretty normal ha ha.

      Delete