Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Thrifted Chair Reupolster

I picked up a chair at the thrift store for $10.00 the other day and decided to give reupholstering a try.
the chair before
 Here is how it turned out I'm pretty happy with it for my first try.
and after
 I got the fabric second hand it was actually white when I got it but I decided to dye it in the washing machine using 2 packs of tintex in royal blue. When dying a piece of fabric always make sure to wash it before hand without fabric softener and you'll get much better results (as I've learned the hard way) I actually washed it pulled it out of the machine then got my dye ready and tossed it back in well it was still wet (always get your piece wet before putting it in the dye bath) super easy. I gave it a tumble in the drier on medium as well to set the color.
   For the arms I sanded off as much of the stain as I could then used Zinsser Bulls Eye 1 2 3 to prime them. Then I painted them up with some Origins by Benjamin Moore Semi-Gloss in Frozen Hot Chocolate.
It's my chair now it's got my hairs on it
   Dante was very quick to claim it as his own.

1 comment:

  1. This turned out fabulous!!!! I don't blame Dante, I love it to.

    ReplyDelete