Thursday, August 23, 2012

Coffee Table Paint

  I decided to paint the coffee table from the living room.
I've sanded it all down here and it's time to paint

I got the idea for this table somewhere online but I can't seem to find it again. The deer is the wood showing through the paint. I used bulls eye spray primer and krylon spray paint in pistachio.

My stencil didn't work out great as the aerosol seemed to lift it up despite using Krylon re-positional spray adhesive so there's a bit of white primer around the edges of my stencil, I ended up weighting it down with some rocks and it seemed to work for the green coats. I'm still okay with how it turned out though, I got the deer shape online and I can't find it either I should always book mark. 
I sealed it with some water based varathane (we're not good at using coasters)

No comments:

Post a Comment