Monday, June 18, 2012

Delicious Rhubarb Cheese Cake


  Yesterday I got some rhubarb from my neighbor so  I decided to try this rhubarb cheese cake recipe and it was delicious. It was my Great Aunt's birthday so I took it with me to the party and it went over very well.  So anyway here it is...
This is the first cheesecake I've ever made

and a slice
I was really unsure of the sour cream on top, I've heard of it being mixed into cakes and things but on top really, but I went with it and in the end it was very good and no one even knew there was sour cream until I told them.  It was very nice a bit tart but not to sweet and I would defiantly make this recipe again. Also it is a very simple cheesecake to make so it's great for beginners like me.

 So I got about 5 pounds of rhubarb I'm going to make a strawberry rhubarb pie as well but that only takes a pound and the cake took just under a pound so I decided to freeze the rest. Now when you freeze rhubarb you should cut it up and freeze it on a cookie sheet before putting it in freezer bags.
Here is the rhubarb with the bottom and top trimmed off I did this outside at my mums to avoid making a mess inside

Here it is just out of the freezer, I chopped it up and laid it out on this cookie sheet with plastic wrap between the layers. Doing this prevents your rhubarb from freezing in a solid block you should do this with berries and banana slices as well.

I'm freezing it in 1 pound lots as that is what most recipes call for

I learned the hard way to always mark everything before you put it in the freezer.
There well I hope this was useful and if you get some rhubarb and you like cheesecake I'd defiantly give this recipe a try.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy! I love cheesecake so this is definitely something I would love to try. Lol, now am hungry....

    ReplyDelete