Thursday, April 26, 2012

Some pretty flowers and dandelion wine making

I had to go to the optometrist yesterday and seen some lovely flowers on my walk over. It was raining quite hard but it wasn't windy so my umbrella and rain boots did a pretty good job of keeping me dry. When I got home the boyfriend and I worked on the wine again. Anyway here are the pictures...
These blossoms are so pretty I`m not sure what they`ll be.

ornamental plum blossoms

raindrops

magnolia
 Magnolias are very cool trees there are about 210 species in the genus I found this interesting bit on Wikipedia.. ``Magnolia is an ancient genus. Having evolved before bees appeared, the flowers developed to encourage pollination by beetles. To avoid damage from pollinating beetles, the carpels of Magnolia flowers are extremely tough. Fossilized specimens of Magnolia acuminata have been found dating to 20 million years ago, and of plants identifiably belonging to the Magnoliaceae dating to 95 million years ago. Another primitive aspect of Magnolias is their lack of distinct sepals or petals. Magnolias possess undifferentiated flower parts for which the term "tepals" was coined``
  I think it`s really coo`l to be looking at something that was around with the dinosaurs.
western flowering dogwood

salmon berry blossoms

I love the color of this hyacinth

More blossoms
Here is the wine we've got it in the carboy at the moment with some stuff in it to kill the bacteria so it won`t go bad.  I`ve got a doctors appointment at 2 so when I get home I`ll put the yeast in to do it`s thing.


grated up the lemon and orange peel

She didn`t say to do this but I added a cup of boiling water to sanitize things which I guess wasen`t really important in the end because we added the sanitizer stuff.
here it all is in the carboy waiting for yeast.
So anyway bye for now hope everyone is having a good day

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are so Beautiful. Wow. You should print some of these and frame them, the pink blossoms and the last white flowers for sure. I always enjoy my visit here, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete