Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yummy Avacado Smoothie

I decided I finally had to try an avocado smoothie. I've seen it a few times now and keep reading how delicious it is so I gave it a try with this recipe here and I have to say it's really good. It's a bit strange at first but then it's really good just like Evange describes it here. So if you like avocados give it a go it's really good.
Not a great picture I made this for dessert so it's dark
 There is a vegan alternative in the comment section below the recipe where she uses almond milk instead if dairy milk and a banana as sweetener instead of honey and there are lots of other great ideas as well.
   There are some other recipes as well
      coconut avacado smoothie
     This guy says he freezes this and eats it like ice cream, sounds good.
    avocado energy booster
   Hmm she uses maple syrup as sweetener here now that sounds delightful
   filipino avocado milkshake
   Now this one is a milkshake with ice cream sounds like a nice treat.

I think I'm going to have fun playing around with this simple recipe, let me know if you try this or any of the other recipes or if you have your own. I'd love to hear any suggestions you have to make this even more delicious. I wonder if cinnamon or cardamon would be good in this or if it would be weird with the avocado.

1 comment:

  1. I love avocados and smoothies so I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete