Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spring is on it's way

I went and had a peek at my mums garden a couple days ago and there's lots of leaves and shoots popping up so spring must be on it's way. I pruned my herbs as the new shoots where coming up under the dead stuff.
This little Buddha has been in our garden a long time and I love how the moss is growing on him.

He looks so peaceful. It also looks like Ill have to start pulling weeds soon.

some bulbs coming up

chives

lemon balm

mint

oregano

Another weed, they of course never fail come back, pepper grass it's quite tasty in salad.

primrose

our rhubarb is starting to show itself

some leaves on a rose

snowdrops again
It'll be time to get out there and start weeding and get some vegetables planted before I know it.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to start my herb garden. I never had one before but this has totally inspired me. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having my herb garden. We originally tried growing them in the garden but found them so hard to keep under control (especially the mint and lemon balm) so we moved them to containers and it works great. Fresh herbs are the best.

      Delete