Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One Last Day in the Snow

These pictures are from Thursday our last snow day before it turned to rain. We rarely get powdery snow here it just doesn't normally get cold enough. Usually when it snows here we get a day of large wet flakes that turns to slush the next day.  It's been raining the last few days and turning the snow into a wet slushy mess it's just about washed away now. Anyway these are some pictures I took when I went out on Thursday.
I spotted these 2 geese in someones back yard I have read that if one goose is wounded or sick another goose will often stay with it until it dies or is able to fly on.
 Here is an exert I found on the subject from this web sight...
 "Geese have strong affections for others in their group. If a goose gets sick or is wounded, a couple of other geese may drop out of formation to help and protect him. They will try to stay with the disabled goose until he dies or is able to fly again. They will then either fly together or join another formation to catch up with their group."
   It's pretty amazing the bonds that can form between different animals.
I took a picture of this flag to show how windy it was, it was such a cold wind to. I'm glad I made sure to bundle up before I went out.

I love how the powdery snow is so sparkly and looks so clean and fresh.

My camera doesn't have a ton of zoom on it but I just couldn't resit at least trying to capture some bird photos.

I loved this chubby little fellow

I thought this turned out okay, I loved how the snow looked covering all the trees and plants


I decided to wander down to the marina and see how it all looked in the snow
 I photographed some murals on the side of a building that I thought where quite lovely.
I love the design on this bear

I love how the mountains are painted in this mural.

This one makes me smile the fish are so cute

This one is nice as well

I loved this turtle I just had to take a close up

 I took some pictures of the water as well. I attempted some duck photos as well but I didn't post them as the ducks look so small and far away. I love ducks.
A photo of the water you can't see any snow on these trees

I thought the slush on top of the water looked so neat
Here are the boats and docks. Not very many boats left in the water this time of year.
Anyway I did enjoy how beautiful the snow looked and the nice bright sunshine but it was a bit to cold for me. It is sort of nice to have things back to normal except that it is so gray and dark out again. I guess we can't have it all ways though can we.

No comments:

Post a Comment