Sunday, December 25, 2011

Terrarium

I made this terrarium for my best friends mum. My boyfriend and I just went to see our friend who was at here mums for the holidays, we don't get to see her much these days as she lives in Alberta now. Anyway I wanted to take a gift for her mum to thank her for letting us into her home and making us dinner. I remembered she likes plants so I decided on a moss terrarium.


I made the mushrooms out of wine corks and the flowers out of beads and wire. I collected the moss from the driveway and the rocks from the ally. I read several terrarium tutorials and used a Meg Ellen Cole Threadbanger tutorial for the mushrooms. The flowers I remembered how to make from middleschool when beaded bracelets where all the rage.
  Here is the Meg Allan Cole Tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/user/MegAllanColeCrafts#p/c/8577E751BF5F5658/6/VRKFNv3cCfk
I think I'm going to have to make the wreath as well. I love Meg she has the best ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment