Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pictures From the Dominican

Here are some pictures from my trip to the Dominican Republic.

This is bubble algae ( Ventricaria ventricosa) that was washed up along the beach

a very lovely butterfly

I was very exited to meet this guy when we wet out on an excursion there weren't any furry animals on the resort

He is bringing everyone on the bus a cocoa plant to try. You suck on the seeds they taste citrusy

cute little froggy

another cute froggy

This guy was jumping around the hedge beside the pool

This is Jackqueline she lived at the shops a half hour walk up the beach from the resort

a bark anole or anolis distichus, I think anyway


Some kind of sweet pea that grew along the beach

Look at the size of the pods an this puppy

a sand or ghost crab. I think it is Ocypode Quadrata I know the Ocypode is right.

Found this big fellow eating the bugs flying to the lights they had on the lawns

and here he is all puffed up after I tried to pick him up. I think he's maybe some kind of cane toad but I'm not sure.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures especially the one of the washed up algae, it is beautiful in its own way. I am fascinated with frogs and love to paint them but I am afraid of them in real life. Ha ha, they freak me out how they are cold and slimy when they jump on you...yikes! You are so brave.

    ReplyDelete