Friday, July 29, 2011

Felt Needle Books

   I decided it was finally time to find a new solution for holding my sewing needles, I hate the round disc things they come in.  I've seen these felt needle books a lot so I decided to give it a try and decided this was also the perfect opportunity to play around with sequins and try the blanket stitch so anyway here is what I came up with.


Above is the fist one I made. I tried to do this peacock on a sweater before and I think the peacock itself turned out pretty cute but I did some modifications to the sweater and it turned out awful. It was kind of an experiment though.   I'm going to use this one for all my regular needles.
  For this one I used a tutorial I found online to make the sequin flowers and I just winged it on the embroidered vines.  I'll be using this one for a travel sewing kit that I'm working on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlexk1z07yE



For this last one I used a poster I have on my wall for inspiration. I'll be using it for my upholstery needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment